Representation of a Member
- (a) Not more than one representative of member firm, shall be entitled to participate in the meeting and elections of the Association provided such representative shall be, proprietor, or partner or Director or Manager in case of a Lady member firm. The name and the designation of such representative of members shall be properly entered in the Register kept for the purpose by the Association.Representative may be changed on advance notice in writing to the Secretary of the Association. Identification cards will be issued by the Association to such representative.
- (b) A member shall be eligible to vote in election after completion of one year of membership provided that member fulfills the condition stipulated for renewal of membership in clause (6)(ii)(A).
Incidence of Membership
- Every member of the Association shall confirm to and be bound by the articles of the Association for the time being in force as well as the Bye-Laws that may be framed from time to time in pursuance of the powers given under these articles.
Cessation of Membership
One shall cease to be member of the Association: –
(a) If any arrears remain unpaid after the last date mentioned in written notice from the office of the Association for that purpose.
(b) In case of an individual if he has been adjudged to be of unsound mind or if he is convicted of any offence involving moral turpitude.
(c) In case of firm or company if it has been dissolved or liquidated or declared insolvent.
(d) If the License of member is revoked by the customs authorities and his appeal is finally dismissed.
(e) If the member has been expelled by the General Body at the recommendation of the Managing Committee for violation of any rules or Bye-Laws of the Association as in force from time to time or for breach of trust, misbehavior or causing any misgivings amongst the members.
(f) If the member has withdrawn from the Association by giving one month’s advance notice to the Secretary.
(a) The member whose name is to be removed shall be informed of the proposal at least 20 days before the date of the meeting of the General Body by a notice in writing, delivered at his last known place of business, to enable him to be present and to defend himself.
(b) A member can only be expelled by 2/3rd majority of the members present in General Body Meeting.
(c) A member expelled shall have the right to have his case reviewed by the General Body after three months when an Extra Ordinary General Meeting has been called for the purpose and to have that issue decided by 2/3rd majority of members present at the meeting.
(d) Member expelled shall be entitled to apply for the membership after the expiry of a period of one year reckoned from such expulsion.
(e) Any member expelled or who has resigned shall not in anyway be absolved from any liabilities or any dues accrued, and remained unpaid during the period of his membership.
- (a) Admission Fee for the members shall be Rs.2000/- (One Thousand) or as it may be decided by the General Body from time to time. Any member shall have on changing the name of his firm to put in a fresh application for membership in which case admission fee shall be charged afresh.
- (b) Annual Subscription on Rs.1000/- per member.
Fill in the relevant information.
Print two copies, one for your records and one to be submitted.
Get the relevant persons to sign and date the form where required.
Submit at KARACHI CUSTOMS AGENTS ASSOCIATION’S head office.
Documents required to be submitted with Membership Application Form
2-Photograph of Proprietor / Partners / Directors
Custom House Agents License
C.N.I.C of Proprietor / Partners / Directors
National Tax (NTN) Certificate
Sales Tax Registration Certificate
Partnership Deed (In case of partnership firm)
Articles and Memorandum (in case of Limited Firm)
(Copies of above documents except the photograph will be retained for record and the originals will be returned on the spot.)